This property provides unforgettable stays thanks to its beauty and its quiet surroundings, and the location in the historical center offers the opportunity to take a relaxing walk in the cobbled streets and squares, or for more demanding cultural or gastronomic excursions. Coming home will be a pleasure, rediscovering the charm and atmosphere of the ancient city.
It is located in the city center, being part of Palazzo Arrivabene. This ancient dwelling is reported in the Teresian Cadastre, defined as “House and Court with adjoining garden”, in the name of the Arrivabene brothers, who built it at the end of the 15th century.
Historical and artistic description
The building has a façade enriched by a late seventeenth-century balcony with a marble balustrade and elegant columns adorned by two angels; on the right is the coat of arms of the Arrivabene family, in the form of a shield with a carved initial.
Inside, a pink marble seventeenth-century staircase allows access to three particularly significant chambers, namely the central hall, with a vaulted ceiling attributed to the painter Ludovico Dorigny (1654-1742).
On the left wall there is a yellow marble fireplace adorned by molded cornices, surmounted by a seventeenth-century stucco in bas-relief, completed by a pair of cherubs holding the marquis crown. On the front wall there is a gothic arch window overlooking the adjacent room, a room with a vaulted ceiling decorated by the Mantuan painter Giuseppe Bazzani (1690-1769). Also in this room on the left wall, there lies an extremely elaborately decorated fireplace in Verona red marble.
In the third room another painting by Bazzani decorates the ceiling. Much of it has been lost because of a bombing during the Second World War, so currently only two female figures are visible. On the right wall there is a fireplace in white and pink marble with green inlays.